HireStarter's client is looking for a top-notch, integration engineer (Java) with a focus on attention to detail and experience working with high profile clients coming from manufacturing industries such as Defense, Healthcare, and Automotive. This is a high profile role for a flat organization with a culture of autonomy and self-direction - most work will be remote (in Austin).
• Mastery of core software engineering practices (configuration management, unit & system testing, refactoring, etc.)
• 10+ years of experience producing high-quality, robust, and maintainable software.
• 5+ years of experience with Java.
• Experience as a principal developer or software architect.
• Experience integrating engineering tools. Ideally both functional and user interface integrations.
• Experience reverse engineering 3rd party APIs, documenting findings, and maintaining robust adapters.
• Ability to work remotely & occasional travel for conferences and customer support.
Nice to Haves:
• Experience architecting, designing, and building COTS integrations.
• Experience in systems engineering, especially for systems servicing large, complex organizations.
• Experience creating technical specifications, technical documentation, user documentation, presentations, and user examples.
• Experience presenting complex software concepts to non-technical audiences.