Hirestarter's client is a Houston based, fast-paced startup, providing AI-based solutions to the energy industry. The company applies machine learning and predictive analytics to improve results for natural gas and electric utilities around the world.
We are looking for an experienced senior data analyst who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about data, data quality and intelligence extraction from data.
Your work would be directly impacting company technology products and AI & Machine learning data analytics. This position will work closely with product management.
• Data Analysis – Analyze data using a variety of tools (primarily SQL) to extract data, profile data, crunch numbers, validate data, visualize data in innovative ways and often documenting the findings.
• Risk Decision Support - Experience accessing, manipulating and interpreting data to inform decision-making
• Risk Module Configuration - Configure the risk management module for new energy markets and scenarios.
• Calculations – Perform and validate calculations to support risk and cost analysis in the retail energy & utility industry.
• Risk – Identifying and analyzing energy risk scenarios that impact retail and wholesale energy providers.
• Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science or Applied Mathematics)
• 3+ years of experience in Retail/Wholesale Energy vertical
• Strong understanding of retail and wholesale energy markets including cost, rate structures and calculations along with validation
• 5+ years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
• Math Skills: Excellent Math skills to manipulate numerical data. Very comfortable with data in any format including CSV, ODBC, and JSON
• BI tools: Proven experience with Excel, Tableau, Superset, PowerBI, Looker, or any other popular BI tool to slice and dice data to generate business insights, visualize data in variety of charts.
• Strong Excel skills are essential and can create pivot tables, charts, write macros etc.
• Critical Thinking: Good with numbers, can spot gaps, trends, and come to new findings.
• Working knowledge of S3 and other Amazon cloud services
• Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
• Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal-oriented