Hirestarter's client is a Houston based, fast-paced startup, providing AI-based solutions to the energy industry. The company applies machine learning and predictive analytics to improve results for natural gas and electric utilities around the world.
Looking for an experienced technology product manager with a focus on risk management who thrives in a fastpaced environment, is passionate about analytics, machine learning, and data science.
• Product Strategy. Develop new strategies to meet future market needs and drive internal alignment to expand company product capability. Utilize a deep understanding of market problems and drivers in the retail energy and utility eco-systems to advance the roadmap with actionable features.
• Innovation. Bring disruptive products and services to market that generate thought leadership and raise the bar for competitors to the market. Develop clear and thorough functional and technical requirements for predictive product enhancements. Validate the business value created for target markets.
• Technology. Further, develop cloud-based product platform utilizing the latest in technology and machine learning. Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams to deliver product features.
• Go to Market. Lead the go-to-market plan for your product area in collaboration with sales and marketing teams. Participate in the industry thought leader conferences, gather market insights and evangelize the product. Use your creative ability to generate market traction with new products and services.
• Teamwork. Collaboration across the organization. Communicate and inspire internal teams with a concise vision and roadmap for product features and services. Manage day-to-day priorities, develop plans to achieve company goals, and follow-through to deliver results.
•Demonstrated understanding of power and gas retail and wholesale markets
• Experience in an energy risk organization, implementing ETRM systems
• 5+years of product platform management experience
• Pragmatic Marketing or similar product management certification/experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
• Experience working with software development teams to deliver sophisticated products to market
• Proven creative problem-solving abilities
• Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal-oriented