We are on the hunt for a Front-End Software Engineer for a fast growing, Austin-based, venture-backed software company that utilizes applied science to drive portfolio value for building owners through the calibration of building performance and improvement of infrastructure-related decision making.
Their holistic solution includes an investment-decision lab, project support & performance monitoring, and is built on top of industry-leading technology that combines granular data, simulation modeling, an optimization project library, and diagnostic analytics.
Their progressive culture features highly intelligent and inquisitive individuals who excel in a close-knit team, characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility.
You will take the reins fleshing out the front-end of the stack for the latest iterations of our customer-facing web applications. As part of our growing software development team, you will work side-by-side with our design team and other engineers to create the most advanced building performance and investment analysis tools the real estate industry has ever seen.
While this position’s primary responsibilities are focused on front-end development, there will be ample opportunity for backend development if you are interested. Our codebases are written in Elm and React on the front-end and Ruby, Go, and Haskell on the backend.
You will assist in scaling a world-class technology team with unlimited opportunity for advancement and will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) and an employee equity option plan.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience with Elm or other functional programming languages strongly preferred
• Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
• Comfortable in the Linux command line
• Familiarity with an RDBMS such as MySQL or Postgres
• Familiarity with a distributed version control system, preferably Git
• Forward focused with a results-oriented mentality and a desire to have an integral role in building a transformative company
• Working with leadership and the software development team to architect and plan implementation of projects based on business and technical requirements
• Implementing features and analytics in our customer-facing and internal web applications
• Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests to ensure robustness of our core feature set
• Writing and maintaining documentation for any systems and procedures pertinent to your role;
• Automating development, deployment and administrative tasks
• Continuously seek to streamline and improve internal processes to increase efficiency.