Hirestarter's client is an exciting startup in north Austin providing Open Standards-based, high-performance storage solutions to the most demanding data centers. We’re looking for a talented product expert who understands the storage market and is leading a cloud data center revolution.
Great opportunity to work directly with the CEO to move the product and company forward. The individual will be primarily responsible for developing and executing the company’s product strategy and working closely with the engineering teams on all aspects of the company’s product and technology development.
This position will be the company’s top product executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
On the product front, this person will support product strategy formulation with the executive team and drive delivery on the strategy with product roadmaps, product management, and engineering. On the technology front, this person will deliver architectures that seamlessly interoperate with Virtualization and Infrastructure management environments while optimizing costs, performance, flexibility across distributed and heterogeneous storage, computing, and network environments.
ABOUT THE JOB:
• Define products, product roadmap and deliver on the roadmap
• Support or engage as appropriate, strategic product deployments and development as well as strategic customer and partner discussions
• Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
• Build and manage a top-flight product management and technology team as well as project management.
• Provide visible leadership for the company within the product and technology, and with the analyst and customer community.
• Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
• Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Strong technical and commercial background in product management, software engineering and development, big data, and storage infrastructure management. In addition, there is a preference for those with an additional technical background in data center cloud infrastructure.
•Experience using Agile/Scrum and continuous integration process to develop software systems
• Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to thrive in fast-paced production deadline-driven environment both internal and client facing
• Strong understanding of hyper and large-scale storage concepts and common use cases
• Strong written communication and presentation skills in both internal and external engagements
• Engineering program management experience
• Leads and drives the end to end strategy and operational product roadmap
• Defines the value proposition, target customer segments, and business case to bring one or more innovative and disruptive products to market with respect to the whole company product portfolio (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/Margins, financials, market share)
• Synthesizes market requirements (MRD) into marketing/customer details through having intimate customer knowledge and business, financial and industry market acumen
• Demonstrated ability to develop product strategy and lead teams to achieve results.
• Demonstrated business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
• Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry and the ability to provide product-specific technical training to the team.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.