Our client is a fast-growing startup in north Austin focused on providing an open standard based, high performance storage solution to cloud service providers, OEMs and ODMs. They are positioned to be the leader in this segment of the $60 billion data storage industry.
We’re looking for a talented Principal Engineer who is an expert in C and C++ and is passionate about learning storage related technologies that are leading a cloud data center revolution. Along with coding and working with a range of complex algorithms, you will be responsible for working with product managers, back-end engineers, and the front-end/UI team. They love engineers who are mature, lead the charge, communicate clearly with other team members, and deliver consistent value in a quality product and user experience.
This position is full-time, on site, and working directly with the CTO and other senior engineers, in fast-paced, supportive team environment.
We are developing large data center software to meet the demanding and high-performance requirements of our customers.
Your creativity and ability to execute will allow delivery of this product to a large and rapidly expanding market. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity work with cutting edge technologies while working as part of an exceptionally talented team.
ABOUT THE JOB
● Use the best of object-oriented and functional language techniques when building APIs/logic
● Design robust solutions to hard problems that consider scale, security, reliability and cost
● Ensure code and design quality through the execution of test plans
● Develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable processes
● Strong attention to detail and understanding of the latest techniques and patterns to provide leadership perspective
on front and backend technologies and their overall impact
● Provide technical leadership at a project level
● Mentor and teach associate or junior developers
WHAT YOU NEED
● 5+ years of relevant experience
● Expert in C and C++
● Experience with Linux
● System Software Programming
● Experience with firmware and programming drivers
● Server hardware platform experience
● BS/MS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
● Mastery of multi-threaded design and performance issues for high performance applications
● Ability to research and implement complex algorithms, creating concrete implementations from theoretical designs
● Ability to understand existing industry implementations in open source and evaluate benefits of various approaches
● Full understanding of computer system performance, including hardware and processor features that may be leveraged for optimized implementations
● Experience with profiling and tuning system level performance issues
● Experience using agile/scrum process to develop software systems
● Experience designing application architectures, creating project estimates, defining scope requirements, and
● Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to thrive in fast-paced production deadline-driven environment both internal and client facing Mastery of data structures design trade-offs, and applying complex data structures to specific problems
NICE TO HAVE
● Storage/cloud/data center experience