Sponsorship unavailable for this role.
HireStarter's client is a Data Science shop focused on optimizing and automating retail merchandising decisions which revolve around pricing, assortment, space, and fulfillment. They are adding two Development Managers to the team as they expand their Engineering practice. You will have responsibility for hiring, retaining talent, performance management, etc. (team size - 5-6 Engineers).
- Recruiting, managing, mentoring, and developing a high performing engineering team
- Leading the team to balance short-term and long-term commitments and goals.
- Fostering collaboration between engineering teams to solve tough business problems
- Managing sprint cycles to ensure product ships on time and with quality
- Collaborating with product management and data science to shape the product vision
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work across multiple departments
- Agile software development experience