We are a fast-paced startup providing disruptive technology in the rapidly growing DevOps market. We’re not your typical startup; our management team comes with a history of successful startups and is well funded by Austin Ventures, Mercury Ventures, and S3. With more than 250% growth in 2016, it’s no wonder we were recognized as a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner! And, our growing list of Fortune 500 customers means we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to join our development team and be a part of the next big opportunity in Austin!
This position is responsible for owning and proactively managing the technical relationship with an assigned set of clients.
The Implementation Engineer
- oversees customer implementations (requirements, design, and implementation, testing, and documentation)
- provides technical support
- shares customer needs with product management
- essential participant in the broader account team for the assigned clients
This position is responsible for all of the technical aspects of an implementation – over the phone and on-site. Implementation Engineers develop a long-term partnership with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their Datical investment. This includes day-to-day management of technically complex and demanding implementations, developing and executing upon an overarching technical strategy, detailed issue tracking, root cause issue recognition and resolution.
The Implementation Engineer is expected to represent us with the highest level of professionalism at all times, and to mentor others in the group regarding the same.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively own and manage multiple high-visibility, high-touch customer relationships from a technical perspective
- Understand short and long-term customer goals and objectives
- Establish and document each customer’s processes, procedures, customizations and configuration
- Regularly communicate with assigned accounts, set expectations and negotiate priorities
- Provide timely status updates, root-cause analysis and strategies to address issues
- Apply fundamental troubleshooting skills to issues before escalating to the appropriate group; escalate issues as appropriate
- Proactively manage, measure and track customer tickets to insure their timely resolution
- Recognize and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating
- Collaborate with product manager to help prioritize requirements related to customer needs
- Recognize revenue opportunities and communicate them to the Account team
Regularly meet with the Customer Account Executive, Professional Services Executive and others to triangulate on immediate and long-term customer needs
What we’re looking for:
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Comprehensive technical acumen related to the software development lifecycle, DevOps tools, source control tools, and database platforms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients, management, and peers
- Effective cross-department communication
- Assist and contribute the coordination and development of training for clients.
- Document and communicate problem/resolution and information/action plans
- The ability to stay calm during times of crisis
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience implementing CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, UrbanCode, Bamboo, CA Nolio, GoCD, Octopus, and XebiaLabs
- Working understanding of Git, SVN and TFS
- Experience supporting databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Postgres EnterpriseDB
- Experience supporting enterprise-level applications is preferred
Must be technically capable to accomplish the following:
- Identify issues
- Duplicate/recreate issues
- Define solutions
- Verify solutions and communicate to customer
- Understand, prioritize and drive resolution of issues through hands-on involvement and highly effective communication between responsible parties at the client site and Datical.
- Use project management methodology to thoroughly document, prioritize, track and drive customer requirements and technical solutions for 2-3 month projects.
The candidate should have 5-10+ years experience in progressively responsible roles relating to technical implementation services in the software industry.
This role requires 25%-50% travel to customer sites to provide training and implementation services.
Candidates should have experience working on professional services teams. All candidates will be subject to technical and background screening. A college Degree in Computer Science or other technical field is preferred and applicable experience will be considered as an alternative to a degree.