As a Cloud Engineer, you will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation that eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, managing configuration changes, health monitoring, and system tuning. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support for Windows and Linux hosts and their services, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving problems, along with collaborating with DevOps and ITOps engineers to improve the platform. You will be responsible for documenting your tickets and projects, along with establishing best operating practices. This is a mix of engineering and operations role with strong customer focus for a global, world-class mobile app advertising business operating 24x7x365.
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise scale server administration
- 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS Certification a strong plus.
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: Created/Maintained AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, SQS, CloudWatch, IA
- Expertise in implementing and managing Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Distributed File System (DFS), Group policy management
- Experience working with Windows networking and high availability technologies such as failover clustering and load balancing
- Strong CLI and API scripting (Power Shell, Bash, Python) and automation skills (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet experience welcome)
- Experience with system health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, Cloudability, Graylog)
- Administration of web servers running IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience in enterprise scale cloud environment (IaaS) delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions
- Experience in multi-region, multi-tenant environment a plus
- ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams\
- Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- Occasional assistance in an IT Operations capacity for the Austin office.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- AWS Certification
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Ability to think logically, critically and constructively about complex problems and propose/drive solutions in a productive manner that addresses expressed needs.
- Self-motivated, driven, and resourceful. Full of “heart and hustle” with a scrappy drive to get things done.
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative, Agile environments
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly is a fundamental necessity
- Experience programming/administration of SQL and other database technologies
- Experience with container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Aerospike, Redis)
- Experience with high volume content delivery networks
- Mobile industry experience
- Advertising technology experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 (a plus)