We are the largest and fastest-growing technology platform for online care services, helping families, businesses, and corporate employees find high-quality care for their kids, pets, parents, and homes. We’re seeking innovative, entrepreneurial, and genuinely nice people to join our collaborative team. If that describes you, we want to hear from you! A career with us offers countless ways to grow and have a real effect on a young, exciting company.
If you’re a great engineer who leans towards product thinking, we’re looking for the type of developer who will be mapping out the spec sheet before we even finish describing the problem. We’re busy migrating our legacy Web.Forms/C# app into micro services and SPAs. We speak in a lot of boxes and arrows, nouns and verbs. We’ll tell you the why and you tell us the how. Your decisions will have a lot of influence on the business and you’ll be surrounded by excellent team members.
We have the flexibility of a startup but the backing of a market leader with a mature product and user base. Best idea always wins, and we spend the time to make sure we are providing the right solve at the right time for our customers. There’s a lot of change but that’s because we’re actively fixing problems and we’re committed to quality and performance. We whiteboard a lot. Our code reviews are a little intimidating. Our socials are effusive and actually well-attended. It’s a bunch of smart people having a lot of fun together. We have the option to work from home, but we usually choose not to.
Join our team as a Developer as we transform the current system to develop faster, smarter and stronger! We are building a REST based ecosystem to provide payment features mobile and the world.
Come help us build the next generation of our software!
Turn complex business requirements into reusable code patterns
Perform code archaeology on existing .Net Web.Forms application and translate into a modern architecture
Committment to ruthlessly testing, refactoring and perfecting code
Take co-ownership of product code quality and help provide code reads for team
Keep current on latest language framework changes and disseminate through team
Excellent communication (with technical and non-technical staff) and thought leadership
Spend your days building performant, world class APIs and front-end experiences
Be willing to work a once-or-twice-a-quarter on-call maintenance shift (as necessary)
Spaces, not tabs.
• Demonstratable experience with modern functional language (GoLang, Node, Python, etc..)
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Service-oriented architecture (SOA): either REST services or WebAPI
• N-Tier architecture
• Bonus: Modern web UI experience (Angular2, React/Flux)
• Bonus: knowledge of C# or Java / .Net / SQL Server
Our Tech Stack
• Kanban-based product workflow with daily SCRUM
• GIT source control and Jira ticket management
• GoLang servers on Dockerized VMs (Consul/Vault/Prometheus/Traefik)
• Some .Net-core services
• AngularJS SPAs
• SQL Server/Couchbase databases connected via Kafka queues
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent on the job experience
• 1-5 years programming experience