Our client is an early stage healthcare technology company based in Austin, TX and they are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails engineer to join a growing team. Their platform enables physicians to conduct secure video chat follow-up appointments with patients in their homes.
Great candidates have the confidence to architect top-notch Rails apps, work with modern frameworks like WebRTC, and live-and-breathe APIs. This is a position for leadership engineering.
They are offering all of the perks you would expect -- standing desk, 27" Apple Thunderbolt display, health insurance, snacks and drinks in the office, free parking, etc. and their East Side office has a ping pong table, as well as an engineering room for focused software development.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5 years of experience working with Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with Heroku platform or any other hosting platform
- Familiarity with relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience integrating with external services through an API
- Capable of using HAML and Sass to effectively implement designs
- Familiar with TDD principles, and testing with Rspec
- Able to use Git and Github for version control
- Experience scaling services
- Experience with React is a plus