In the past few years this company's product has become the chat tool loved by Whole Foods, Wired, NASA, WebMD, and thousands of other great companies. They've been shipping features like crazy but need people to them us take it to the next level.
Huge impact - Thousands of the brightest teams rely on this company's tool to bring their companies together and get work done. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love.
Independence - They hire great people and let them do what they do best. No handholding or micromanaging. Plus, they actually use their 20% time and ShipIt days to build cool stuff.
Downtown Austin company helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and they are looking for a part visionary, part technical wizard to join their platform development team. You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing the code that powers core functionality for their clients. You will be supported by robust backend systems, mature protocols, and an experienced team with a strong desire to build the best chat and collaboration platform out there. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. You'll need a strong technical prowess with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. You will thrive on the ability to work under pressure.
What you do
- Breakdown problems into simple, elegant solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations in a microservice architecture.
- Implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, high availability, and operation excellent goals.
- Follow agile software development best practices, such as CI/CI and test-driven development.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building public facing APIs and associated authentication mechanisms.
- Experience building scalable, high performance systems that are highly available .
- Experience developing on large scale projects.
- Experience building software with a focus on operational excellence.
- Experience building software at web scale (e.g. consumer facing web or enterprise SaaS).
- Experience building large scale distributed systems leveraging AWS or other cloud services.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions.
- Familiarity with chat / messaging systems would be a huge bonus (but not a requirement).