Downtown Austin aviation software company is looking for an iOS developer to join our team. This position is for a unique and technically well-rounded individual with experience building and shipping iOS apps.
Technically, this person is experienced in Objective-C and Cocoa development, with a track record of shipping exquisitely-designed apps. This person has a solid understanding of UIKit, database design with SQLite/Core Data, communicating with web services, and memory management with and without ARC. This person can hit the ground running on current iOS technologies, writing rock-solid code with blocks, GCD, Swift, and Auto Layout. This person is naturally curious, exploring new technologies in order to stay current, but balances the use of new and old to ensure that execution is priority.
Professionally, this person is driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear. This person will be able to point to specific examples that highlight the individuals ability to meet the objectives outlined above, and references will confirm this person’s unique abilities.
A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
Technologies and Skills
- Deep knowledge of Objective-C and Xcode, including modern syntax and blocks
- UIKit, Auto Layout
- Solid understanding of memory management with and without ARC
- SQLite and relational data design
- Experience communicating with web services
- Experience with Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Actively learning and mastering Swift
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.